Archives by date
You are browsing the site archives by date.
By Darin on October 19, 2015
- FoundationPress starter theme
- Advanced Custom Fields Pro (ACF)
- SimpleMap for store locator (that they wanted me to hide)
- jQuery Plugins
- Google Fonts and Typekit
By Josh on October 1, 2015
New site for new product by from new client. We even got to design it, though it very much followed elements from the catalog they were putting together and it became and interesting journey as always. Anyway, it is a “one” pager WP site translated to 7 languages. Some items for your consideration:
- Almost 50 custom ACF fields
- Goolge Analytic event tracking – you view a panel, Google knows it. (Have it tied to animation effects per panel first would have used waypoints, but didn’t have them at the time).
- Polylang WP plugin. Works rather nice, tho documentation was tough to find and it did have issues at times (I think was more because of WP Engine caching).
- Oh, hosted on WP Engine with Nazi caching
- Some quazi replicated site action. Grabs an ID from the URL and changes some links and info to tie into the parent corp system. The Caching also wreaked havoc on this. Some extra js work around were required here.
- Vimeo PRO video embeds. Then later used oEmbed json format to pull the thumbnails for each vid to make a new pager. Note: If the videos are anything but public, the normal simple api for getting video data does not work. The oEmbed method does work, but with somewhat limited data.
- Neato on-view animations with wow.js and animate.css (thanks, DR – I had always done this with waypoints). Note: I forsee using wow/animate in the future, but only grabbing it parts at a time. That seems to make the most sense to me. I also did one custom animation tied to wow AND tied the GA tracking to these event callbacks. Eventually I need to add Waypoints.js for additional function, and should have probably used that from the beginning for GA, but I didn’t.
- Home-baked responsive modal/pop-overs for additional info panels. I kind of like how it works, though a little messy here as there were numerous changes.
- Custom JG-anti-grid scss components (like that, Darin?) and js components, grunt libsass minify, bla bla bla
- Prolly a few other things I am forgetting at the moment.
By Josh on July 15, 2015
Pick out a sweet sweater. This thing finally launched. Clean design, lots of image work. Used posts to create products / categories, conditional archive page to display products or news.
- FoundationPress (w/ SCSS, Grunt, bla bla bla)
- Advanced Custom Fields (ACF)
- jQuery MixItUp jQ plugin for product sorting (Got a multi dev license, got you covered, DR)
- Subscribe to Category WP Plugin (emails news posts to signees)
- Google Maps Pro WP Plugin for Store Locator
- Funky hover effects
- Custom off-canvas menu (non-foundation)
By Jason on July 8, 2015
TeamViewer seems pretty cool. It doesn’t require the customer to have administrative privileges to install or run.
Have them read you the 9 digit ID and 4 digit password and click connect.
By Darin on July 6, 2015
- Adventure Designed
- Dealer Map that uses Composer
- Formidable form addon
- HTML5 Boilerplate
- Google Fonts
- jQuery Waypoints